Font Size

Burn Permits in Shamong Township

Regarding "Recreational Fires" (Including Fire Pits) in Shamong Township

“The “ General Forest Fire Act” (N.J.S.A. 13:9 et. Al.) requires that before having any fire within a forested area, you must contact the nearest Forest Fire Service office to request a permit. You may also need a permit from the local fire official or NJ Division of Fire Safety.”

To request a “Burn Permit” in Shamong Township, please reach out directly to:

Mr. Tom Gerber

Section Chief/NJ Division of Forestry